Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Color Picker Needs a Color Picker

The Color Picker Needs a Color Picker

Simple as that... the color picker needs a color picker. Right now if I don't know the RGB numbers of a color that I need to match, I need to take the image into MS Paint to use their color picker. Then transcribe the numbers to Revit three at time like it's the 90's and I am calling a new number on a land line phone. It's the 20's now and this thing needs to keep up.  Color Picker.png

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

The colour picker is just the standard widget that comes built in with Windows. It's also a steaming pile of garbage.

Vote for this idea if you want to see a useful colour picker: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/override-basic-colors/idi-p/6724013

@Anonymous I saw your post and I thought it was a good idea... having a more customizable color picker would be great. I did notice though that this idea was missing from the overall suggestion so I wanted to throw this out there as an its own unique suggestion especially since this is a relatively small ask and simple thing to implement.

ADT267
Enthusiast

Am I not correct in saying this is the same "Colour Picker" from Autocad from decades ago?

vitorbortoncello
Collaborator

Drop Color Tool to quickly identify RGB colors used 

Base12
Collaborator

For real!  bUt rEvIt iSnT lIkE aUtOcAd! Lol, except the parts that are 25 years old! Ha!  While we're at it, can we get ALL of the material editing options onto one UI screen instead of 5 - 6 levels of pop-up screens to make small adjustments to material colors.  That would be lovely, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators