Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tag leaders

tag leaders

I would like for a tag to have multiple leaders available just as there are the option to have multiple leaders to text notes. Often space on a drawing comes at a premium and it is sometimes preferable to be able to use one tag to point to multiple similar items. 

5 Comments
CFNBen
Advocate

Surely you are not using tags as tags are associated with individual elements. How can something which is associated with one element point at others? If you want a tag to be dissociated from a single element then you need to use text - then you can have multiple leaders.

joekozelka
Enthusiast
For an example tagging a wall finish at a column and a return. Space is tight. I could try to squeeze in 3 identical tags, or tag just one face and hope the contractor understands my Intent. Or have a tag with multiple leeders.
andy.kilby
Participant

I have to agree with joekozelka here. Often times there are multiple of the same items in a single view that need to be tagged for clarity, especially when tagging 3D views. Currently we have been achieving this using blank text behind the tag, and using the leader feature of the text which is a tedious approach. 

@joekozelka wrote:

I would like for a tag to have multiple leaders available just as there are the option to have multiple leaders to text notes. Often space on a drawing comes at a premium and it is sometimes preferable to be able to use one tag to point to multiple similar items. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would definitely be useful, or at least to be able to snap and lock the two identical tags in place.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators