Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spell Check in Schedules

Spell Check in Schedules

This is really important to have!

16 Comments
harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision.

The Factory

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We've completed our review of this idea. After investigating the effort required to implement this request, we unable to add it to our roadmap at this time due to other priorities. However, we think this is a great idea so we will reconsider it as we made adjustments to our roadmap in the future. Thanks for the submission and keep voting!

The Factory

jrfrost
Advocate

Spell check for schedules.

adbryson
Advocate

Ideate Software has an addin that does exactly what we want the stock product to do.  I'd rather not pay $2k/year on top of my autodesk subscription costs to have 5 network licenses of this addin just so I can run a proper spellcheck on an entire model with one click.  Please consider in the nearer future.

chris.nuttle
Explorer

When running spell check, it seems logical that it would check the spelling in the tables on the sheet as well.

phyllisr
Enthusiast

I am aware that this is not native to Revit but Ideate Apps has a great spell check solution that will do exactly what you want.  Yes, I understand how frustrating it can be to rely on all these tools outside Revit but it is better than nothing.

kryzstof
Contributor

This is a great idea, but it doesn't go far enough -- Spell Check should check Sheet / View Titles, the contents of all Sheets and Views in the project, as well as groups and schedules. 
Of course, adding that amount of data (especially schedules) to the spell check process is going to cause a lot of false positives, picking up model marks, acronyms and abbreviations, so the spell check dialog needs to have an option for each area for users to choose.

KingRyan99
Participant

This is a MUST HAVE... the ability to spellcheck Tags and schedules needs to be implemented I dont understand how this was brought up in 2016 and now we are using Revit 2019 with no ability to spellcheck schedules or tags.... 

Please please please revisit this   🙂 

jjunge
Participant

This is a must!!! Please please please make this happen soon! 

chowellM8RJ3
Participant

Another vote for this functionality. Please!

ted
Observer
Observer

I thought that AutoDESK Products were Microsoft compliant, which means Spell Check should work on all elements within all Products?

SDTherrienII
Explorer

I'm new to Revit, and maybe I haven't searched using the correct topics, but I can't find anywhere that explains how to spell check a schedule/table. If this can be done, please enlighten me, but if not I think it should be added to Revit.

At the very least, like AutoCAD, it should highlight misspelled words so you're aware it's misspelled and can independently correct the misspellings.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

To reorganize and consolidate our Revit Ideas for ease of use to both our customers and our product teams, we are no longer using the "Future Consideration" status for Revit Ideas. All Revit Ideas are always under review, and consolidating posts (and Kudos!) will give weight to topics previously spread across many posts. We are continuing to evaluate where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

Thank you for your contribution!

-The Factory

smichaudN26PG
Enthusiast

Spell checking a schedule and convert Text in check to Upper Case. PS would love to have a 3rd dictionary file that would let a company .dic be deployed while using the Autodesk stock and User's custom one

deitzen
Community Visitor

Please make it so schedules can have spell check run on them.

sagnewYUXLR
Advocate

is this something that could look to incorporated? 

if there's an issue with the family name fair enough make it that this can't be checked in the spell check but , if you have a project parameter associated with an assembly that might have some manual text input it would be handy if these could spell checked on the schedule. 

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report