Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space parameter for duct and pipe accessories

Space parameter for duct and pipe accessories

With the permission of one of the users, I wanted to present an enhancement request for Revit. Currently, Revit does not display any information about the space where the duct or pipe accessory is located.

Spaces.png

For the users, such a built-in option/parameter in Revit would be helpful. Currently, to workaround this problem you need to use Dynamo:

7 Comments
jpietteVZEMS
Explorer

I really need this.

Not just a nice to have, but a must to have

slhm92
Enthusiast

I think this is a much neeeded feature, especially on larger prjoects. I am currently inserting all the valves into the project and once finished, converting all the families to mechanical equipment, turning on room calculation point just so i can indicate the space they are located on schedules. 

This makes it very difficult to make changes further down the line, but saves me the hassle of having to manually create schedules 

wong.qiuyu
Participant

For MEP BIM, we need this feature very much. 

tjuneau
Participant

I would like it for all elements touching room or space or inside room or space.

Nearby elements assigned to nearest room or space would be a moon shot.

craigjonnson
Collaborator

Unable to automate this for project requirements pertaining asset location. Please add this function.

htokgayev
Explorer

For our company, without this feature, some automation strategies are not possible to apply.

jhamilton5QHGQ
Explorer

I agree we need this for all components and extend it to areas, rooms and zones.  Many times when you are staging projects you need to know what components will be needed in a given portion of a facility.  This information should also be pushed to assemblies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators