Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort project parameters like family parameters

Sort project parameters like family parameters

Allow to change order or A-Z (Z-A) sorting for project parameters 

Now it is complicated to fill non sorted user parameters

112 Comments
Magnus.B
Advocate

Great Idé I really miss this function

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is basic, mostly when working with sheet parameters that need to be filled by our collaborators. This must be really easy to fix!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please make it happen!

schlueter
Advocate

Hi,

last days i had to do a door-schedule and we created 62 parameters with text, yes/no and numbers.

I know i'm stuck in the kategories for the "group parameter under" but please sort the parameters alphabetical or let us do some kind of own organization like we can do it in the projekt browser.

If you first creat the parameters you can do this in the way you like the organization but if you missed one or you need to add one later on..... your stuck at the buttom.

2017-03-07_15h29_00.jpg

Best would be our own organization. So we could do the same as it is in the door-schedule.

2017-03-07_15h30_18.jpg

Tanks.

Tags (5)
novumarc
Participant
...and when this is going to happen maybe the user can sort the parameter directly in the propertybox with pressed left mousebutton. We call it U S A B I L I T Y and by the way there is a easier way to import the shared Parameters from the dialoguebox with multiple select options.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I can not believe we are Voting to fix bug/ basic functionality?! 

When we import parameters we should have the ability to choose order or set order inside Revit.

...Let's vote that Cat is not a dog?!!!

..Let's Vote that we can Scroll Screen in Revit up and down?!

...Let's Vote that we can Print in Color  ?!?

ps. I voted but this is silly and should be fixed in less than an hour...

pieter4
Advisor

Ideally we would have a toggle that would convert the properties pallets to an "editing/expert mode" that would allow us to hide/sort the parameters (even the OTB ones). It would save those settings per family (and in case of shared or otb families: per category). 

That would allow us to make a distinction between regular users (do they really have to see all these advanced values that they will never use?) and power users. 

ps: maybe we could even add the global parameter button to the expert mode as it see a lot of users accidentally clicking it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried searching for this but there needs to be a way of moving project/shared parameters up and down within the properties palette. 

This function is possible within a family but not within the project environment. Why?

i.e. I want the View Group to be above the View/Sheet Folder (See image). If anyone knows, how is it done? 

View Groups.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant! 

Thanks @pieter4, all we need now is a solution. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, you may also be interested in these posts.

@pieter4, many thanks for the links; have voted them up.

Cheers

simo74
Contributor

It would be very useful if in the Project Information panel the parameters were sorted alphabetically and not by order of creation.
This would allow us to have more order and immediately find the parameters to edit.

This is a real problem when one has many project informations to edit.

Tags (4)
dante.van.wettum
Advocate

idea posted in 2016... now living in 2018... cm'on autodesk, its cant be thát hard to add this, while making a lot of people happy...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah i had this issue again today. I added parameters late in the game again. Nothing can be done. Autodesk please fix this.

Magnus.B
Advocate

Maybe throw in "add multiple shared parameters" at once to...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix this already Autodesk!!!!

ArniVidar
Advocate

Since the entire point of BIM is usable parameters and proper sorting of said parameters, the fact that these parameters can neither be sorted, not put into user-defined groups, is just ridiculous. This needs to be fixed 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clients are requiring an increasing amount of parameters per object. Entering and maintaining this is way easier if the parameters can be organized better.

Please Autodesk i beg you.

As a BIM-Software this is just a mandatory function, when you work with hundreds of Parameters.

selam.al-sarraf
Contributor

I want to give my voice too for this basic issue.

Please make a sort function into the project parameters. It is such a pain to reinsert all the parameters when a new one should come in just for the right sorting. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report