Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Some ideas for schedules

Some ideas for schedules

Hi everyone
1. Standard schedules in revit looks very simple like this:
01.JPG

but what if I need something like this:

02.JPG

I think we need schedule constructor for creating pattern for one element and automatically distribute this pattern for other elements. for sample above pattern will be looks like this:

03.JPG 

in constructor will be necessary simply move every cell to right position and add information to cell, such as parameter name, parameter value and pure text. This will be looks like a formula in every cell, for example: parameter1name + ": "+ parameter1value (result of this formula for example: Area: 25.32)

2. Second idea: add legend view to special type parameter for elements and possibility to add this type parameter to schedule. This will be better then image parameter for many situations.

14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! I have this idea to make schedule easier to work with. It would be great if Revit can put TYPE Mark(TƜƜP)  once and also do the same with parameters like in picture but still can seperate the data like Door Mark (Ava NR.), Door opening(KƤelisus).

If there is solution for that, then I am very greate full of your help, because I have looked every revit forum and I have not find any help.

Tags (5)
sashtet
Collaborator

ŠŠµŠ¾Š±Ń…Š¾Š“ŠøŠ¼Š¾ сŠ“ŠµŠ»Š°Ń‚ŃŒ Š²Š¾Š·Š¼Š¾Š¶Š½Ń‹Š¼ Š² сŠæŠµŃ†ŠøфŠøŠŗŠ°Ń†Šøях фŠøŠ»ŃŒŃ‚Ń€ ŠæŠ¾ сŠµŠ¼ŠµŠ¹ŃŃ‚Š²Ńƒ,тŠøŠæŠ¾Ń€Š°Š·Š¼ŠµŃ€Ńƒ.ŠŸŠ¾Ń‡ŠµŠ¼Ńƒ этŠø ŠæŠ°Ń€Š°Š¼ŠµŃ‚ры Š·Š°Šŗрыты Š“Š»Ń фŠøŠ»ŃŒŃ‚Ń€Š¾Š² Š½Šµ ŠæŠ¾Š½ŃŃ‚Š½Š¾.

SuminAV
Collaborator

Š“Š“Šµ-тŠ¾ Š½Š° фŠ¾Ń€ŃƒŠ¼Šµ ŠµŃŃ‚ŃŒ Š¾Ń‚Š“ŠµŠ»ŃŒŠ½Š°Ń ŠøŠ“ŠµŃ Š½Š° этŠ¾Ń‚ счŠµŃ‚. Š”ŃƒŠ¼Š°ŃŽ, сŠŗŠ¾Ń€Š¾ сŠ“ŠµŠ»Š°ŃŽŃ‚. ŠŠ¾, Š² цŠµŠ»Š¾Š¼, этŠ¾ Š½Šµ тŠ°Šŗ ŠŗрŠøтŠøчŠ½Š¾ Šø Š»ŠµŠ³ŠŗŠ¾ рŠµŠ°Š»ŠøŠ·ŃƒŠµŃ‚ся чŠµŃ€ŠµŠ· Dynamo. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also while we're at it, I would like to see better keyboard navigation of schedules. In particular, I want to be able to use cursor keys to get to a cell and then press Enter to enter the cell for editing. This should not remove the contents of the cell, just select it so that I can either delete it with one keystroke or simply edit it. This one simple enhancement would make schedules much better, especially when doing bulk editing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with this idea, and also I want to ask developers to create a module which can change height letters in schedules in "modification mode". 

Problem is that, when you work with schedules (during modifying it) letters are too small and it is no option to change the size of it. Developing this option can help a lot in work. 

Thank you for a great product! šŸ™‚

wr.marshall
Advisor

Have vertical schedules aka Rotate schedule 90 deg. Currently stuck horizontally. 

informatique
Contributor

You could add the ability to change the weight or font of the results of sums and counts and grand totals. I would lov to set them just in BOLD... please.

samuelsanf
Advisor
@Anonymous , I was just going to post a similar idea.  I think it should have more votes.

The idea is to option to combine (group) rows cell with similar values. If a filter is apply, only group those that remain together in the last level of the filters that have been applied.  Here area some images for references.

The idea is to have a similat tool like "Group Header" but for combine row adjacent row cell that contain the same values. An should be applied by columns (not to all the schedule at once).

Proposed toolProposed tool

Here is an schedule (from the Revit Architectural Basic Sample Project), as it is without modification:Original ScheduleOriginal Schedule

With the prosposed tool, applied to the rows "Level" and "What view" the result should be as the following image.

Proposed resultProposed result

that way is more "readable", also use less ink at print.
samuelsanf
Advisor

@kimberly.fuhrman is possible to change the tittle of this idea to something more descriptive as "row grouping in schedules"?

samuelsanf
Advisor

Just found this Idea is duplicate with https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/some-ideas-for-schedules/idi-p/7362694 

@kimberly.fuhrman  Can you merge it together?

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@samuelsanf , Thank you for the suggestion to merge Ideas!

Happy New Year!
Kimberly

wr.marshall
Advisor

With regards to schedule enhancements see this link

Schedule enhancement links to others ideas 

ebiesingerKWR5M
Participant

lets be able to deal with null values that get populated into schedules. currently attempting to preform a calculation on these results in another null value. these need to be handled so that things like if(parameter=null,"0",1") for calculated values can done. its wild that this has not been addressed. Even just being able to treat null values as a default specified value like 0 would be an immense improvement

Please make it posible to sort schedules vertical and not horizontal.

ViviNyehuusAndersen_0-1691670565244.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators