Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut for 'pick a plane as workplane'

Shortcut for 'pick a plane as workplane'

When modeling, we use the 'pick a plane as workplane' command a lot. Right now it takes 3 clicks to activate that command (Set > Pick a plane > OK). Can we have shortcut to activate this command directly?

7 Comments
tropitech
Enthusiast

I have the keyboard number 8 set as a shortcut for set plane. Hit p next checks the pick option , then enter for ok. That is 3 keys and my cursor is ready to select the working plane. A lot quicker than navigating menus and dialogue boxes. 

But I agree, adding a direct keyboard shortcut to select working plane is a long standing Wishlist item.

annt_mth
Contributor
Strange. I cannot vote this idea. Something wrong.
Radish_G
Collaborator
Hi Pieter, I am using the command called "Orient to A Plane" to set the current plane to any planer surface. Search it in the Keyboard shortcuts Dialog box and set the shortcut key's
pieter5
Advisor
@santhorati Thanks but that's not what I'm after. I want to activate the workplane with 1 shortcut, not change my view orientation. Right now I need at least 4 clicks to set my workplane by face: 1- open the dialog (by clicking on the button or using shortcut) 2- selecting "pick a plane" 3- clicking ok 4- click on a plane We do this enough that reducing the steps would be really welcome. For example: - using shortcut - click on a plane
nreyesidl
Explorer

I want to activate the work plane with 1 shortcut too.
or let us have more freedom to create the "path" in custom short key.

Wish is wish.........software improvement is fulfill human/market's wishes.........
The success of AutoCAD, because we can use lisp do do almost anything. We spend money buy a software as a tester not even a user.
And the programmer/developer not even listen what we need always.........

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our Revit roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2023! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

-The Factory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report