Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Number shouldn't be the only parameter thought of in terms of drawing No.

Sheet Number shouldn't be the only parameter thought of in terms of drawing No.

BS1192:2007+A2:2016 States that a drawing number should be a combination of separate fields. Project Code - Originator-Zone/System-Levels/Location-Type-Discipline-Sequence Number. So why does Revit only allow the use of the Sheet number parameter to sort in the browser and across the project I may have the same sequence number across multiple zones or levels yet Revit will not allow that to happen. Please, could you allow us a function to use the parameters that we use to set up the sheet to be used in a way that would allow a unique reference across the project but still allowing us to break down the drawing number for filtering and data manipulation.

6 Comments
Kimtaurus
Advisor

You can add custom parameters to you sheets and use these to filter and sort in the Project Browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are correct we can but unfortunately for our services team and I think the services sector, in general, need multiple sheet numbers to be the same value but have different zones/ levels/disciplines. For Example,

TET-MLM-Z2-00-DR-M-0201

TET-MLM-Z2-01-DR-M-0201

TET-MLM-Z2-00-DR-E-0201

TET-MLM-Z2-01-DR-E-0201

Currently, only the underlined value is taken into account by Revit. Whereas I believe revit should be able to take into account the whole drawing number as underlined below.

TET-MLM-Z2-00-DR-M-0001

I hope this has made my post clearer - if it has let me know and ill edit my post to include.

Kimtaurus
Advisor

If "TET-MLM-Z2-00-DR-M-0201" is the sheet number, Revit takes in account the number as a whole, not just the last digits. Unless you sort based on a different parameter.

It while sort the sheets both alphabetically and numerically, reading the values from left to right.

sheetnumber.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kimtaurus, thank you for responding and trying to solve the problem. Unfortunately to separate out the required fields for integration they have to have a different parameters built into a single label if we just add it as Sheet number it is essentially a dump text string.

Kimtaurus
Advisor

If the required sheetnumber is [textA]-[textB]-[textC], you should add these parameters to your sheets in the project as well.

Our Sheetnumber is a compination of 9 text parameters, and we use these seperate parameters to sort/group our sheets in the Project Browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kimtaurus - I agree and this is how it is for us as it appears in the image the problem comes where you have multiple sheets requiring the same last 4 digit code and Revit will not allow you to have this.  it will tell you multiple sheets have the same number when they don't revit just doesn't recognise the whole text label as the number itself only the sequence number as the parameter to identify sheets, does that make it clearer maybe I need to do a video on this to explain.BS1192-2(Drawing Number).PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators