Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Paint Command

Sample Paint Command

Revit should have a "Sample Paint" command under the current "Paint" tool, like SketchUp has. So all you have to do is select a finish to make it the current paint color, instead of scrolling through all the materials to find the one you need.

15 Comments
erdalb
Observer

yes x10

TimGrissom
Enthusiast

I would like an "eye dropper" to select an existing material from a model element when using the Paint tool.

GA-LT
Advocate

and better control what is painted by this tool to easy remove paint from mulitiple objects

hstaabprime
Advocate

Of course, I already voted on this feature. 🙂

eilliwofficial
Enthusiast

I THINK IF REVIT USERS CAN PICK A PAINTED SURFACE AND PAINT IT ON ANOTHER WITHOUT GOING TO THE PAINT LIST TO SELECT THE EXACT MATERIAL.

I AM TRYING TO SAY IS IF AM PAINTING UP TO 10 DIFFERENT SURFACE WITH DIFFERENT MATERIALS IF AT ALL I WANT TO REPEAT ONE OF THE ALREADY PAINTED SURFACE THERE SHOULD BE AN OPTION TO JUST PERFORM COPY AND PAINT JUST LIKE COPY AND PASTE.

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be a "sample material" button on the paint panel, so that we can sample any material and use to paint it (and not just the painted ones).

Anonymous
Not applicable

please Bring this feature out !!!!

jessica_jobe_sea
Explorer

I agree with the comments on this topic, and I would also like Revit to identify the name of the material that has been "sampled"/"eyedropped" for future reference. 

I am updating renderings, and cannot identify what materials were previously used to paint the view so I can match them.  This is a very frustrating Easter egg hunt.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re: Sample Paint Command

You could use the “remove Paint Tool” it will show the name of the applied
material in text box as you hover over the surface. The eyedrop feature
would be nice still, such as the function in trimble sketch up
jessica_jobe_sea
Explorer

Thanks @Anonymous 

I still agree that the paint function could be more robust as discussed in this thread.  It is less efficient to reverse-engineer what material was previously painted than to simply sample the material.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This should be an option in the material browser, so you don't have to figure out for yourself what material that chair is using. You can just use the pipet and it will select the right material for you (similar to Formit and Sketchup).

jeroenm
Explorer

The origination of this thread is 2016 ... 5 years later and ...????  PLEASE get it done as it is a constant frustration for your clients.

I'd take user-friendly Revit over another new app any day.  We need speed.

natnaelbekele306
Community Visitor

i don't think this is going to happen.

LucasKLM
Participant

100%. We need an eyedropper!

apjVHE4Z
Community Visitor

Still need this... please u guys 😛 ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report