Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit for forestry

Revit for forestry

Take Revit and Civil 3D components and forge it into a new application meant for the logging industry.

In forestry there is no current application to 3D model a logging operation from start to finish. If you were to start with the Revit software and adapt it to forestry, it could revolutionize logging. Companies could make estimates and schedules quickly like construction does, and could optimize their logging unit for the least amount of environmental impact and time consumption.

I have many other ideas and pieces that would be helpful to incorporate into the product so that it is helpful and not harmful to the industry.
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, your idea stand out, but i do not understand your purpose and how revit and civil 3D will improve that.

can you explain more thx

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just like Revit and C3D is used for construction, it would be beneficial for logging as well. You would be able to model the unit which you log with current geographic data, or make your own scans. You could also do a areal scan and have each tree placed in your model. With this information you can model where the best place to build your truck roads and skid trails is, and where you should put your landings and biomass piles. I think it would also be very helpful if the application could have a viewing and marking version that could be on a tablet you could walk around the job and mark points of interest, or areas you see in person differently than the model. You could also mark trees to be cut by walking, and then upload to the central model to be updated and track over time. You could also load it into tablets inside the machines so that they knew where the boundaries and trees to be cut are at. This will help cut down on wasted time asking questions and walking the boundaries again finding where you should have been. Again I have more to add, and would like to be a part of the process if this is a product anyone would like to create.
Anonymous
Not applicable

it could be done you plugin

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no experience writing code, or with making applications. I am good with computers and understand a lot. I am able to help, but I do not know how to even start building this software. I would need someone to work with to make this idea happen.
Anonymous
Not applicable

find poeple who think the same way and need this plugin make a group and after find resource to develop it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to me that a solution for forestry would be more suited to GIS, rather than BIM/CAD.  I'd be looking at ArcGIS and it's Collector app or something along those lines. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report