Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit API Documentation for Python

Revit API Documentation for Python

It would be great to have the Revit API documentation for python and not only for C# and Visual Basic. Many people choose Python as their first programming language but when they are having really hard times when they try to use it with the Revit API.

Every day there are more and more examples for the Revit Python shell or Dynamo, but ir would be great to start from the beginning with an appopiate documentation for python

8 Comments
Kevin.Bell
Advisor

Couldn't agree more.

Learning to programme is hard but rewarding work, but having to translate the API docs from C# and VB makes it much more difficult.

pderendinger
Participant

Related request @ Revit API Panel AU 2016 

"Q. Can you provide more examples using Python?

A. Nothing planned at this point. Good idea though. Log it."

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2016/11/au-day-two-ifc-and-revit-api-panel.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes! I agree!

Khang.Nguyen
Explorer

Thank you and agreed!

@novesvalentin wrote:

It would be great to have the Revit API documentation for python and not only for C# and Visual Basic. Many people choose Python as their first programming language but when they are having really hard times when they try to use it with the Revit API.

Every day there are more and more examples for the Revit Python shell or Dynamo, but ir would be great to start from the beginning with an appopiate documentation for python

Yes ... Looking forward to RevitPython API Documentation on similar lines as C#.  Thanks

emiliotoscoKY3MZ
Observer

Me too. I have to start to learn C# just for this lack. For what I am understanding it is very similar to Python but more loose. They created at Microsoft in 2000 while Python was first released in 1991. I bet Autodesk prefer to refer only garanty third parties not open source which is the devil for them!

abdallahzakaria
Explorer

Yeas It will be helpful and so easy to learn and adapt, I hope hearing a good news about that soon 

MINHXU98765
Observer

Metoo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report