Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2024 user interface too light

Revit 2024 user interface too light

The properties tab and project browser in Revit 2024 have lighter colour/ less contrast compared to Revit 2022 and therefore are much harder to read. See below screenshots. 2023-05-10_13-49-18.jpgCould this be please fixed. 

131 Comments

I would encourage everyone to NOT upgrade past 2023 until this issue is fixed.

It's the only way I can see to make a clear impactful statement.

I am the BIM manager on a number of large-scale projects, and we will not be upgrading unless forced by a client or partner. 

joshpAZD9W
Contributor

@j.hutchingsEYDMZ

👍👍👍

@brooke.provencher

I agree completely except that project browser search field in R24 is one of the best actual improvements of the last 4 years. That thing has been transformative for my workflow. For now I will have to forgo R25

Hello Everyone - Thank you all for the feedback, comments, and attention you have provided regarding the UI updates released with Revit 2024. We take all your feedback very seriously. With this issue, we have been investigating, working on, and even releasing enhancements related to UI contrast for both Light and Dark Theme with each release. We understand and agree that there is still work to be done, and we will continue to address the UI contrast based on your feedback. As part of this investigation that our team has been working on, we are also exploring how to ensure the enhancements are backward compatible with both Revit 2024 and Revit 2025.

We are marking this idea as 'Accepted'. We also encourage everyone to join our Preview Release Program, where you will have access to preview any upcoming enhancements related to the UI (and all our in-development enhancements) where you can also provide more feedback directly on those enhancements.

Thank You!
j.hutchingsEYDMZ
Contributor

Thank you for responding, Matt.  I look forward to AutoDesk's solution.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

To follow the progress of features in development, please see the Revit Public Roadmap and join the Revit Preview Release to participate in feature testing. (Note that Accepted Ideas may not be immediately available.)

The Factory

ks2_wmb
Advocate

<<3 <3

Thank you!

markfRECZU
Contributor
Thank you. My eyes look forward to seeing your solution.
acatonHL59J
Contributor
Thank goodness! Have a great day.

Thank you sooooo much. We look forward to the fix. 🙂

z28commero
Explorer

Thank you for accepting feedback and working on a fix!  Appreciate and look forward to 'seeing' it restored to previous contrast.

markfRECZU
Contributor
Autodesk has accepted it and promised to release improvements soon. Don't know when though.
ahensley76YSD
Explorer

Starting with Revit 2024, the user interface has become difficult to see and work in all day.

The button icons and other elements seem lighter, fuzzier and less distinctly outlined (also appearing smaller) than in previous versions.

There are many of us who have come to this conclusion. I found forum comments on this starting back in 2023.

It seems as though, now that more users are required to update to this version, they are agreeing and frustrated with this new appearance.

It definitely take a toll on the eyes. Changing the screen resolution means we lose real estate in the workspace, so that's not a great option.

We had hoped this might be remedied in Revit 2025, but commenters have noted that it is not improved.

Can we get a patch to 2024/2025 to fix those versions for now? 

Hopefully this is taken into account for Revit 2026.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
sergiovazARCHBIM
Explorer

I've been a Revit architect user since 2007. This is the first time I have a real complaint about the UI. First of all, a deep change to the functioning of the Project Browser happened in the 2024 version and users weren't not even considered for correcting a huge mistake in the 2025 version. It's a really expensive piece of software and users should be taken in consideration. Don't know what to write more and the correct place to do so in order to be listened. I'll make as many as complaints as I can in the correct forums. You should, too.

z28commero
Explorer

Autodesk actually accepted the idea and were working on a resolution, no idea when or what though.  Hoping soon.

ks2_wmb
Advocate

FYI, you can hold Ctrl and scroll up and down to change the zoom level in the properties palette and project browser.  Enlarging the text by a step or two should go a long way toward helping with readability issues.

acatonHL59J
Contributor
It's not the size so much as the (lack of) contrast. Grey on grey is really bad. They say it's fixed in upcoming versions. I can only hope they'll do a retroactive patch to fix on 24/25.
j.hutchingsEYDMZ
Contributor

@ks2_wmb I was not aware of the scroll-zoom you mentioned, so thank you.  There are many things it won't help, but it does help for the Project Browser and Properties.

ricardo_ortiz
Observer

FIX IT AUTODESK!!!! FIX IT!!!

ricardo_ortiz
Observer

i think i'll go back to archicad.....and have my 95 collegues to do it!!!

PatrickGSR94
Enthusiast

@ricardo_ortizhave you read any of the recent replies?  They do actually have a remedy in the works, hopefully in an update in the near future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators