Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the Options Bar

Remove the Options Bar

Remove the Options Bar and move everything to the Ribbon or the Properties.

I know Autodesk is looking into this and has been moving controls away from the Options Bar for years now. The only problem is that by doing this a couple of functions at a time, Revit is getting less consistent. Especially with Revit 2025 this has gotten worse.

Before it made sense to add new functionalities to the Ribbon or Properties, like the new Align options (why add it to the Options Bar if you are going to remove it?). Or with the Height parameter for Scope Boxes that moved to the Properties and is now always available instead of only being available at creation. This makes sense because you are adding functionality.

In Revit 2025, 8 seemingly random controls have been moved away from the Options Bar (like Scale), but nothing changed and there are no benefits to this. I'm assuming it is to test for bugs? I'd like Autodesk to go ahead with this instead of creating new inconsistencies.

1 Comment
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

To follow the progress of features in development, please see the Revit Public Roadmap and join the Revit Preview Release to participate in feature testing. (Note that Accepted Ideas may not be immediately available.)

The Factory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators