Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing - Allow Rail Structure to begin and end

Railing - Allow Rail Structure to begin and end

Please allow for Rail structure (horizontal rails) to have a start and end. This can tie into the Baluster Posts (Start, Corner, and End) settings. Maybe this is available per rail?

If I have a Post offset, (seen in pic) the Space of 4" is not respected by the rails Start/End.

Ultimately the entire railing system needs to be redeveloped. Please add this idea to future releases.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 Comments
samuelsanf
Advisor

Actually you can edit Rail Extensions at ends, it let draw by sketch the end. Let me know if that is what you mean.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Revi...

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Ric_Weber
Advocate

@samuelsanf, if you take a look at the image files that @craigh_bim posted to the idea, I don't think what you're suggesting solves that issue at all.

@craigh_bim, please let us know if that was what you were referring to or not and if not, have you re-posted this idea again yet?  If not, perhaps you could?  Or I will steal it and post as my own!  Just kidding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report