Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Pallette Layout - Wall Constraints - Why is Base located above Top

Properties Pallette Layout - Wall Constraints - Why is Base located above Top

Question: Why are the wall 'base' constraints located 'above' the 'top' constraints in the Properties Palette? This is thoroughly non-intuitive. Why would we locate the 'base' above the 'top' in the Palette? Is there some 'special' logic for this? I adjust both top and base constraints during any given wall placement/configuration (as these settings always resort back to 'defaults' rather than remembering my most current constraint settings - can this be changed in the future?). And, needing to look quickly to the palette to adjust the constraints, I am forever confused by this upside-down configuration. Surely, the top should be at the top, and the base should be below the top. (Perhaps one imagines that we begin by building the wall from the base upward to the top, thus the first choice reading down the Palette are the base constraints - whoa!) Thank you in advance to any Jedi who may be able to shed light on this. In a future release, may the 'Top' constraints be relocated to be above the 'Base' constraints in the Properties Palette?
1 Comment
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report