Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive Text function

Predictive Text function

In AutoCAD you have a nice 'predictive text' function I think it would be nice to have something similar in Revit.

So when typing in keyboard shortcuts a list pops up listing potential commands which will then filter out as more keystrokes are pressed or a user can 'scroll' through the list and select as desired.

3 Comments
Keith_Wilkinson
Advisor

I must say, I'd like to see this in the family editor for parameters but not sure of it's worth elsewhere.

tony.crawford
Enthusiast

Hi Dennis: 

The predictive text is really handy in ACAD; I rely on it frequently. 

Fortunately, Revit does have a similar function (but not in the same place as AutoCAD.) 

While in Revit, start typing a keyboard shortcut -- I'd suggest typing just the letter R or the letter S as a test. 

Then watch the status bar in the lower left of the screen as you press any of the arrow keys on the keyboard. Keep pressing the arrow key repeatedly to see all the keyboard commands using that letter. The status bar will show the keyboard shortcuts that begin with the letter you typed and their related commands. Press enter to launch the command that is listed. 

FWIW -- I recommend to all my students/users to frequently keep an eye on the status bar in Revit. It gives the user a little feedback when running a command or selecting an item. It is not the same as the command line in AutoCAD, but then Revit is not the same as AutoCAD. 

Hope this helps! 

Keith_Wilkinson
Advisor

That is a 'Top Tip'!! I've never noticed that before..  Ever...  Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators