Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to display mouse pointer as crosshairs

Option to display mouse pointer as crosshairs

Provide an option to further customize the user interface by adding an option to display the mouse pointer as crosshairs. This helps the visual user to quickly "eyeball" with greater confidence, especially when Revit does not provide desirable inferences. This would also serve as a tool to easily identify objects that may be slightly misaligned.

Quick mockup is attached.

6 Comments

Cross Hair size should modify.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will so helpful to have an option to have the mouse as infinite cross lines like AutoCAD 14 (or option on new Autocads) it will help users to guess are objects aligned or not or finding the extensions.

2018_08_24_14_29_36_Window.png

mjh_davis
Participant

This is a little feature found in AutoCAD and it is very useful for aligning text and all sorts other things. It helps when designing and working out proportions.  I really like the way  hstaabprime  illustrated the issue the need and the fix.  A monkey can understand what he is asking for, he knows how to communicate with Autodesk. 

hstaabprime
Advocate

@mjh_davis you've made my day! Thanks for the vote and compliment.

AQD80
Community Visitor

It would be amazing by the technical reasons presented above; and because I am Severely Sight Impaired, it would help greatly to have crosshairs as in AutoCAD.

@hstaabprime thanks for the suggestion!

dsanchezARCHI
Participant

In windows you have this alternative:

Powertoys by Microsoft

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report