Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple sheet creation

multiple sheet creation

Hi Revit team,

I have had an idea that I would like to be considered in future revit developments – multiple sheet creation.

Currently each sheen has to be generated individually, where as if we could nominate the amount of sheets as highlighted in the image below – revit could automatically generate say 15 sheets in one hit.

Revit Title Block Creation_180925.JPG

4 Comments
jennifer
Contributor

For the love of all things holy, yes! And give us the ability to duplicate existing sheets (minus the views, of course).

lmpka
Advocate

There's something like this already.

- Create a sheetlist schedule with the sheet numbers, names and whatever other variables you want set up

- Add placeholder entries for the sheets (Insert Data Row)

- Go to create a new sheet per the dialog box above. 

- All the "Placeholder" entries will appear in the box "Select Placeholder Sheets:" box.    You can then select all the placeholder sheets at once and the appropriate titleblock, and Revit will create all the sheets for you.

Hope that helps. 🙂

jennifer
Contributor

@lmpka, I have used the Placeholder sheet method in the past- but honestly don't think it really does what we're asking for here...I feel like for me at least, it takes the same amount of time to set up all the placeholders as it does to just create the sheets one at a time when you need them. Maybe this method would work for others though!

aricke59
Enthusiast

I'll start by saying I am a developer (of ARUtils).

Whilst creating multiple blank sheets has some appeal it is easy to go way beyond that.

ARUtils will easily let you create sheets in a number of ways.

• You can use an Excel file to create sheets and have them named and numbered the way you want. This could have been an export from a previous project
  • Beyond this you can select views and have them automatically placed on sheets and have the sheets named based on the views as they are created.
  • Beyond that you can have views created for rooms and placed on Room Layout Sheets.
  • Beyond that you can have views created for scope boxes and placed on sheets.  

Hopefully this gives you some ideas on going way beyond just having 20 blank, unnamed sheets, created.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report