Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loadable wall

loadable wall

we are a factory of prefabricated concrete walls and would like to have a loadable wall so we can get our products to our customers revit family

same as you have a Loadable collum

17 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can provide your customers one revit project file with all of your wall types, then the customer can transfer these walls into their own projects as needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have just figured out how to do this but I'm still testing. I do think for a pre fabricated system it needs to be a loadable Family so the sizes are type parameters.

I have made a family that is loadable, and on the walls category, is room bounding and allows for the creation of subcategories in the walls category. (Like structure, finish. Etc)

Where is a good place to share this family?
lionel.kai
Advisor

A loadable wall family would also solve the need for tapered & sloped walls:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/sloped-walls/idi-p/6255757

harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

Anonymous
Not applicable

Frank means: a loadable wall (user family) which CAN have a "family type (=label) parameter).

If you youse the converted category revit EXITS imediatly.

Also if you change the category you CANNOT set it back.

Wall host based family does NOT work on loadable NESTED converted user family walls.. -> a wish is that this also works..

Ramon

samuelsanf
Advisor

Why about Transfer Project Standards? with this you can transfer all types of wall from one projecto to another. 

The bad side is that you have to have the two projects open.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samuelsanf youre answer is not the case here..

Anonymous
Not applicable

A relavant side post to this, see link below

Paste below link in your browser

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/converted-user-families-and-area-problem/idi-p/7063190

T.vanBeem
Participant

@harlan_brumm what is the current status of this case?

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

lionel.kai
Advisor

she's so nice, she liked it thrice! (+1) LOL

lionel.kai
Advisor

she's so nice, she liked it thrice! (+1) LOL

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@lionel.kai  And yours, twice! Must be the mice...

lionel.kai
Advisor

at least I don't have... lice? 🙂

! I'd clicked, it didn't go through - even checked on a different browser before loading the draft and posting on the 2nd one... oh, well. Just doing my part to flood the idea forum... now off to eat some rice!

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Just a test...apologies for the notifications.

frank_wolbertus
Contributor

@kimberly.fuhrman @harlan_brumm 

can you give me a status update of this after acceptance in 2020 no info or movement

if you scrap it is also an answer

just like to here a status please

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@frank_wolbertus ,

Thank you for your inquiry...this is still a work in progress on our Revit Public Roadmap as part of the "Real 3D Wall Layers" feature. We are unable at this time to provide a specific date or release, but both the Roadmap and the Revit Preview (beta) project are the best places to track progress of features and enhancements currently in development.

-Kimberly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report