Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linework tool

Linework tool

It would be nice if the linework tool only modified the portion of a line that is visible in the view. I'd keep the ability to drag the endpoints of the line to a desired position, just 'smarter'. With it's current capabilities, I often forego using the linework tool in favor of drafting heavier lines over the model.

2 Comments
hstaabprime
Advocate

I was just about to suggest this as I discovered what appeared to be a bug, but given that it's been a persistent issue since at least 2005 per forum posts, it must be a feature.

It does not seem to be intuitive or desirable for the linework tool to behave this way.

For example, in elevation view, when using the linework tool to change reveal lines to a lighter weight line style, it brings the entirety of that line to the front of the view. In instances in which the reveal is on a wall obscured by another wall, this poses a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, for large models lifework tool becomes slow to the point of being unuseable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report