Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expose 'host' parameter to schedules and filters

Expose 'host' parameter to schedules and filters

I wish I could access the value of the 'Host' parameter of say lights, electrical fixtures, air terminals, basically any family. Architects delete and redraw walls/ceilings/etc and leave us with many Orphaned or Not Associated symbols. I would like to be able to easily colorize (and list in a schedule) items when they do not have a host.

5 Comments
candersonJR3H2
Explorer

It would be great to have the ability to add information about a family's host to a schedule.  For instance, I would like to be able to create a door/window schedule that could show the structural layer thickness of the host wall.  This would help us to streamline ordering door/window kits (jamb studs and headers/sills) without necessarily having to have framing modeled.  This would also help to have those framing kits associated to specific door numbers.

Zwielehner
Advocate

It's probably my favourite plugin, so have a look at PropertyWizard (https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=2295752866487515443&appLang=en&os=Win64). It allows you to synchronize any related parameter (host, level, ...) to a parameter of a category. You can then use it in schedules, tags etc.  Worth every dime!

Zwielehner
Advocate

It's probably my favourite plugin, so have a look at PropertyWizard (https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=2295752866487515443&appLang=en&os=Win64). It allows you to synchronize any related parameter (host, level, ...) to a parameter of a category. You can then use it in schedules, tags etc.  Worth every dime!

dtiemeyer
Advisor

@Zwielehner    I'll look into it, thanks. 

s_brzeskaVW4T2
Participant

As in subject, i want to filter things depending on what host type it has. 

For example i have railing hosted on floor and on stairs, i want to filter in schedule only floor-hosted railings.

Tags (5)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report