Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export error message to .csv or .xlsx

export error message to .csv or .xlsx

Its great we can export error messages if we expand the Error Dialog - BUT - we need a useable format like .csv or .xlsx!

I am currently working through a highrise project with loads of groups and have to change the Level heights and - of course - get tons of "inconsistent groups" errors.

With the current html-only export I am forced to painstakingly copy and paste the actually important column that contains the IDs into Excel (because selecting everything at once is unuseable once pasted in Excel) to go though several steps to get the necessary information into a useable table, from which I can extract the actually interesting IDs (the groups, not every single element inside) to select and isolate them in Revit.

Yes, there are plugins and I am open for suggestions to make this task easier than my current workflow, but really - in a Software explicitly developed and marketed as "the" BIM Tool should have adequate tools to enable us to handle crucial Data without jumping through hoops.

The information we need is there, but only accessible in comparably "dumb" format.

2 Comments
MichaelWolff
Advisor

This idea is not really asking for new file types but rather an overhaul of where the data is stored. Luckily Excel can open HTML spreadsheets and setting up a formula that separates the iD from the rest is not that hard but I aggree that it should be more accessible.

TB4
Contributor
Contributor

Oh - I got to admit, I overlooked the fact, that Excel can open html!

This at least shaves a few steps off of my workflow, but, as you also say, it would be great to have the raw IDs more accessible.

Anyways - thanks for the tip!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators