Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Panels & Schedules - Add Support for Multiple Tubs & Feed Thru Lugs

Electrical Panels & Schedules - Add Support for Multiple Tubs & Feed Thru Lugs

A common configuration in electrical panels is to have multiple-tubs.  Frankly Revit's ability to handle this is pretty poor.  

There are two ways to show multiple tub panel schedules: 

1> One big schedule for all the breakers in all the tubs.

2> Two (or more) separate schedules for each tub showing only the breakers in that tub.

Revit supports #1 pretty well, the only request I would add would be the ability to indicate which breakers go in which panels via a line separating the tubs.

Revit does not support # 2 without major hassles. To make this possible Revit needs to allow a panel to show loads from a sub-panel while not showing the circuits.  Revit should be able to subfeed  a panel (via the sub feed lugs) rather than using a breaker.

This is especially important for triple tub panels, which at 42x3 poles are getting crazy long and may not fit on some sheets that well.

9 Comments
scott_dakin
Collaborator
We have been asking for this for years.
gseilerA6YML
Enthusiast

Yea I know Scott. 😃 I have been too.  I figured it would be good to try it again via Revit Ideas.  Come on Revit Dev Team!

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for submitting your idea, and the comments posted thus far.  We are marking this idea as accepted, and are investigating some improvements related to this.  If you would like to provide further feedback on these capabilities, we would be happy to involve you in our beta program (Revit Preview).  Reach out to revit.preview.access@autodesk.com to join!

gseilerA6YML
Enthusiast

Thank you Martin and Team!

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk

Hi -- thanks for the idea, and for those of you that participated in our preview program on this. This request is being marked as Implemented, as the main need in the original request is now delivered in Revit 2020.

If after you've had a chance to utilize the new functionality there are additional capabilities you are looking for, please create new Ideas for each item so they may be voted on independently to provide us some measure of importance and priority.

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk

Tarek_K
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report