Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate multiple views and sheets

Duplicate multiple views and sheets

Select multiple sheets/views in the browser..
Right click & create duplicate.

Currently we can select only duplicate one at a time.

14 Comments
aricke59
Enthusiast

I know this is a request forum however if you want to be able to do this now check out ARUtils. It allows you to duplicate multiple views and even duplicate sheets and all the views that are on that sheet. Ideal for design options.

mp_thompson
Advocate

We create existing drawings/views and then duplicate for the proposed drawings.

Currently we have to do that view by view.

I'd like to be able to duplicate multiple views in one go i.e. select all of the views that I want to duplicate, left click and see the options for duplicating the views.

yavork
Advocate
Zsolt.Varga
Autodesk Support

Same wish reported by customer Andrew Lane in a support case:

You can duplicating views in Revit one by one only, which is not effective enough.

BrunoR81
Contributor

Being able to select multiple floor plan views and duplicate at once, instead having to select each view one by one .

Tags (2)
ipselute
Advisor
You can create dependent views linked to a master plan view, than assign those dependent views to all the other plan views at once (right-click on the dependent view -> assign to "viewname1", viewname2", etc). Floor plans are usually associated with certain levels. You can create automatic plan views for all levels. For ceiling plans, too.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kind of a no brainer here Autodesk... A simple step by step piece of code is all that's needed if you can already duplicate them one by one, adding functionality to your PB to allow duplication of views and sheets makes sense.

loldfieldTKWXZ
Explorer

Two ideas:

1) Offer the option to make multiple copies of a specific view instead of copying one at a time.

2) Offer the option to create multiple new sheets at a time instead of one at a time.

jennifer
Contributor

Yes please, for the love.

Creating multiple sheets is incredibly time consuming, especially when you have a complex browser/sheet sorting system set up...would be awesome to be able to duplicate a sheet as well (without the views, of course).

k.molner
Participant

When selecting multiple views to duplicate, it would also be great to have an option to add a prefix or suffix to the view name. There is a Dynamo script that will do the job, but this seems like a feature that could easily be built into Revit.Dynamo_Duplicate Views.PNG

laurenk
Advocate

Autodesk. 

A response would be appreciated please.

A simple line of code required to address this. 

Please. 

blake.tonge_idmh
Explorer

With the free View Manager plugin from DiRoots you can duplicate views en masse.

You can also bulk rename and reassign view templates. 

tlagardeAJBTA
Enthusiast

I know that plugins are able to bypass the code implemented by Autodesk but it sounds like such a simple thing to implement. I am sharing that idea on my intranet to gather more votes

tlagardeAJBTA
Enthusiast

No updates on this in 2023 ? Well, happy customers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report