Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafted 3D Section

Drafted 3D Section

To be able to add drafting items as masking region , filled region , detail lines , .... over the 3D Section ,,,and to be directly used without going through the work around of using the drafting view over the 3D section view .

To get finally as the below print screen for example , without too much workarounds,

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently,  to place 2D details on a 3D view (be they lines, filled regions, or detail components), I place drafting views over the 3D views so that I can alter the view to represent what I need to show. 

There are arguments against doing this including degradation of the quality of the model because it isn't truly modeled and thus not coordinated. I recognize this argument's validity, but there are many occasions where you want to create a reference view and modeling certain elements is tedious, time consuming, and impractical. 

The problems with overlaying views includes a lack of stickiness and a potential for one of them to be moved without the other, thus 'breaking' the view. 

Allowing 2D detailing on 3D views would remove this issue and allow teams to choose for themselves what the best course of action is. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

To get finally as the print screen for example , without too much workarounds,To get finally as the print screen for example , without too much workarounds,

Basam.Yousif
Advisor
Hello Rana 🙂 Please post a large image so we can see what you're trying to say 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Basam.Yousif

Larger image for clarifiicationLarger image for clarifiication

Anonymous
Not applicable

if I get it correct, you can lock the 3d using the lock 3d icon in lower left then draw on it as you wish

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

What you can do when locking the 3D is only adding dimensions , text ,,but Not adding (detail lines, filled region , masking region ,,,,) to get a presented view as what I am attached above for example ,,,,,which is actually needed a lot in most of our projects for further studies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report