Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Wall End At An Angle

Cut Wall End At An Angle

The ability to cut the wall end so that it is at an angle.  The only way I know how to do this right now is with a void.

29 Comments
arek_keshishian
Advocate

Soo needed, I second this. Kudos.

JohnWarburton
Explorer

I'd suggest a small modification to this request to extend it to require the ability to apply any profile to a wall end

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

cprettyman
Collaborator

I really need this - and, expanding on JohnWarburtons comment, I need to be able to create end conditions, and apply them.  Think along the lines of slab edges or roof edges.  But, they may need to be more than a simple profile, because they should define how the different components of a wall wrap or not.

samuelsanf
Advisor

Also, cut walls in section, trim the top of wall

dazza1639
Advocate

Lots of things in Revit would benefit from a cut by plane tool. 

pieter5
Advisor

We would love the option to have an "sketch end condition in place" option for both wall ends and wall joins. Basically, it would allow you to draw the end condition/join with sketchlines. In place is important as I would want to see context when drafting the end conditions. 

I would not prefer a "cut wall at angle" parameter (where you have to enter a specific angle) because typically, this is something that aligns with other objects.

Having an option to use a profile ad the ends (like we can with parts) would be a bonus.

arek_keshishian
Advocate

Agreed with @pieter5, the more customization-friendly the better, fix many problems with one feature instead of a variation of many problems alone.

richard.fielt
Contributor

It would be great if a wall's end could be cut by a refplane or a grid.

example 1

When I have walls with two different thicknesses, that meet each other in an angle:

Knipsel_joined.PNG

... I'd like the walls to be joined/cut by the grid, but due to the different wall-thicknesses, the line isn't automatically choosen on the grids.

Now I have to unjoin the walls and create voids to cut the walls with.

Knipsel_unjoined.PNG

That's a hassle...

example 2

Same counts for the situation where a wall ends on a floor-edge under a different angle that 90degrees:

Knipsel_wall-slab.PNG

Thanks!

Tags (1)
pieter5
Advisor

This is a duplicate idea to https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/cut-wall-end-at-an-angle/idi-p/6325434

Also, it might be interesting to browse through the first few pages of the top voted ideas and voting up the ones you favor

EkconEngineers
Participant

This will be great if they could apply this for a beam end as well!

dustinF8H9H
Explorer

This would be so helpful! Voids just are not a great way to do an angled wall....

maxnik2003
Explorer

It should work the same way it works in Autodesk Architecture. The only way to solve it is to implement Endcaps in Revit!

wr.marshall
Advisor
dylandaviesDA85R
Community Visitor

This would be a great idea, especially with contemporary design moving wall directions to a more angled approach.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Congratulations! We are updating this thread to Gathering Support. We are continuing to evaluate where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

dbroad
Mentor

This is a real weakness in Revit.  It should be implemented.

yue3PMJ7
Observer

Hi It is 2022 , I don't know if these issue has been solved in Revit . I need to cut wall edge at an angle. what the best way, please?

richard.fielt
Contributor

I've given up hope on an implementation in Revit. I'm still using in-place voids, with which you can then cut the walls. 

vladimir.kruchinin
Participant

Another decade passes, another crucial feature is forgotten and left out. Still have to cut wall ends with voids, scattered all around the project, even more so if the project in question is not just a 90 degree box. Like making fire by twisting a stick, why does everything have to be so hard in Revit?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report