Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Parameter for Sorting of Browser Organization Properties

Custom Parameter for Sorting of Browser Organization Properties

The ability to sort views etc... by a custom property like "View Order" whereby the user can input a number to order the view, so that it is above another duplicated view.

3 Comments
mpwuzhere
Advisor

You can do this....create a Project Parameter and assign it to Views.  Sort by the parameter.

I used to create one for initials and put MP on all the views I planned on working for the day and filter out everything except for the views with MP.

wr.marshall
Advisor

Are you maybe confusing it with the  "Group By" option. You can use custom parameters there. As you will see in my screen shot the second "group by" is a custom parameter called "View Function". You can see a circled area right at the bottom "Sort By". This is the pull down I am referring to. I have even checked on Autodesk help and they even say custom parameters are not available.

My current work around is to assign a code in front of the view title to order views

00-Ground

01-First

02-Roof

Link for help: Browser Organization Properties Dialog: Grouping and Sorting Tab

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

john
Observer

I AGREE! Especially in a job with Design Options! How is there NOT a Browser Organization setting already to sort related to Design Options shown in Views AND on Sheets?! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report