Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall grid layout from sketch

Curtain Wall grid layout from sketch

There should be this tool - you click on a curtain wall and just like "Edit Profile" you would have a tool called "Edit Grid Layout" or something. Then you draw some magenta sketch lines and when you click finish that will be your grid layout.

I mean, come on, AutoCAD Architecture has had this for ages! I've spent days to create some simple asymmetric curtain wall that would take 10 minutes in ACA.

2 Comments
pbdbdq
Contributor

Yes I agree, asymmetric/irregular curtain wall grids by sketch would be very useful.

It would also be very useful to be able to place grids, name them and control their offset in a schedule/parametric kind of way. I have submitted this as an idea linked to this one (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/control-curtain-grid-position-by-parameter-value/idi-p/10...)

GrantBIM
Participant

Not sure if this was updated, but I found that simply creating a visibilty Filter in the View Template / Visibilty settings to hide a wall sweep if it has a length value.  Hope this helps

GrantBIM_0-1690422488210.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report