Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Floors

Curtain Floors

We need curtain floors.  The curtain system by mass face feature is clunky and time intensive, leading to multiple, complete re-do's through the course of a project that requires this kind of feature.  There is no reason why we shouldn't have a simple Architectural Floor tool that works just like the Curtain Wall tool but on the horizontal work plane.

I BEG YOU, NO MORE CURTAIN SYSTEMS BY FACE FOR SIMPLE HORIZONTAL CURTAIN ASSEMBLIES PLEASE!

4 Comments
blro.
Enthusiast

Also for ceilings!

informatique
Contributor

You can draw a roof and int the type selection menu choose the last item (in french it is "vitres inclinées" something that coul be "slanted window" in english). And then you have an horizontal cunrtain wall !

RC-IST_Guray_Batur
Participant

Sloped curtain wall is a Roof type element. Using roof element instead of floor element does problems with BIM protocols and Navisworks coordination rules!! we need floor and Ceiling curtain Systems!!! this has been posted at back 2019 and there is no improvement! 

RicWeber
Contributor

I was about to say the same thing that @Anonymous stated about the sloped glazing.  You point that those are roof type elements and not floor or ceilings makes sense.  I am voting for this as it is just one more thing that Revit could do.   What I don't get though is, I've never seen a curtain floor or ceiling.  That I can think of or knew that is what it was.  How would you use these?  Curious minds want to know. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators