Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Selected Lines to Region Boundary

Convert Selected Lines to Region Boundary

I think it would be handy to be able to select multiple lines, right-click, and say "create filled region from selection" and "create masking region from selection."  This would then open a region sketch and import the selected lines as boundary lines.  The user could then add, remove, or edit lines as needed and then finish the sketch to create the region.

I suppose it would also be helpful to have the option to choose whether the original linework would be retained or replaced by the region but I think the main use for this tool would be to replace linework with a region.  That would save people from having to create a region with the pick lines tool, then go back and select/delete all the original lines.

1 Comment
ipselute
Advisor

@TimGrissom: It would be much easier if Revit would improve point snapping and create polylines for boundary, just like Autocad does. With option to create associative region/hatching and option to delete the original boundary/polyline. The lack of polylines just drives me crazy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators