Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Tool to Cleanup Standards like Project Sweeper

Build Tool to Cleanup Standards like Project Sweeper

I have relied on a program called Project Sweeper for years to clean-up annotative items / standards in projects. The program makes managing model standards simple allowing one to purge unwanted items and convert to existing standards in the model. This is particularly useful to convert standards when models are shared from past projects.

The program is no longer supported and I would like to suggest building this into the next Revit version. 

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=6695458069304097371&appLang=en&os=Win64

11 Comments
ryanQVSJD
Community Visitor

I could not agree more with Matthew-W315!  Please Please have this tool in the next Revit Version.  

PDSF
Collaborator

Agreed. This plugin is essential to prevent unnecessary clutter, especially with line styles. Please incorporate this vital tool.

Jonathan.Ludwig
Participant

Love this tool!  I've relied on it for years.....simple to use, and works a treat!   

I now use Ideate Style Manager, which does everything Project Sweeper did, and much much more.   It is not as fast processing however, and not as budget friendly as PS either.   But it is an absolute must have.   It's worth a look for now, until Adesk provides this functionality.

PDSF
Collaborator

I did find a tool in pyRevit which at least can clean up the line styles. Edit/Convert Line Styles.

Lars_Jeppesen
Enthusiast

Cleaning up tools are fundamental to managing Revit project files. Things like this should be part of the OOTB Revit program, if you ask me, or at least Autodesk should actively be ensuring that addins like this is always working...

h.borse
Explorer

Yes! please can we integrate this tool. Or autodesk can release similar work function add in.

nicinus
Participant

Ouch, we typically upgrade every second year so going to Revit 2023 it was a shocker to see that this tool no longer worked.

Surely this can't be a big deal for the Revit team to implement, and this type of clean up tool is sorely needed.

carlosnaranjo
Participant

it's unfathomable that we don't have a clear way to clean our models such as with project sweeper. 

SylviaQB
Participant

This tool is a must for any revit user, the only thing its missing is a dimension type swap tool. This tool saves so much time and hassle, can't imagine functioning without it. Please include.

jstipanovich
Advocate

I can't believe this tool no longer works.  Not sure which Revit hotfix rendered this add-in defunct, but it's created a MASSIVE obstacle in my ability to do my job.  Very frustrating and unbelievable that there aren't several alternatives available.  There's an add-in on the Autodesk store called Line Style Manager but it's WAY overpriced.

paramountcdc
Enthusiast

Project Sweeper was great. Very useful. Functions need to be added to native Revit.

Most users are not aware that these capabilities even existed and, therefore, how useful they are.

Revit team should be able to independently determine this should be added to Revit. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report