Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically duplicate filter lists to standardize

Automatically duplicate filter lists to standardize

If I had numerous views with their own individual vg filters and numerous view templates to control each view (some which control more than one view) a way to use a standard filter list. If I then make a change to the filter list such as adding a new filter, removing defunct filter or reorganize filter list it would carry through to any filter list that uses this standard. 

Currently as each filter list is it's "own" if I made a change to one filter list such as adding a new filter it does not carry through to the other vg overrides and/or templates. This list quickly become messy as you are required to add and reorganize each list individually.  This disorganization can then cause errors such as duplicating a filter with a different name but same function and thus have differing opposing on/off setting.

The above mentioned standardization would only have show the same filter list in the same order, however each filter listed would have it's own on/off tick per view, as required. Should the user want an individual list the can the change the list to "individual". If the list is individual there should be option to change it to the standardized list and it would then automatically add, subtract and reorganize to the standardized list.

1 Comment
wr.marshall
Advisor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report