Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for creating Legend views and Legend components

API for creating Legend views and Legend components

Requesting API support for creating Legend views and Legend Components.

11 Comments
FrodeTo
Contributor

Having a method for creating legends with the API would be nice. 

Tags (1)
m_danm
Contributor

Make Legend views accessible through Dynamo and API, this way many of us would be able to make legends easy to make and update.

Tags (3)
BIM.Frankliang
Collaborator

That's what I want😄

0.png

Janek.hmc
Participant

This would be a massive time save, especially considering on large projects the amount of types that need to be placed in a Legend. How is this not already accessible. Its 2020.

mihai7YKAP
Community Visitor

Legend Views are accessible through active view!

for example, if you open a Legend View in Revit that window will be the active view for Dynamo, therefore accessible through script.

Simple and efective!

mihai7YKAP
Community Visitor

!!

AGGilliam
Collaborator

This would be extremely helpful to be able to automate creation of a legend. We want to show a legend of all the various panel types being used in the project and, without API access, we either have to create/modify a legend for every project or include panels in the legend that aren't being used in the project. This is just one example of the legends we want to include.

lionel.kai
Advisor

@mihai7YKAP I believe the OP is talking about the API's lack of the ability to create a new Legend. Duplicate/similar ideas (@kimberly.fuhrman):

This would eliminate a possible error case with pyRevit's "Copy Sheets To Open Documents" command (under "Sheets" pulldown in "Drawing Set" panel)

Participant

I searched for a long time to find any APi for creating Legend Components in Internet, but no any result.

Observer

I can't believe it hasn't been solved yet!!!

LLMM202007
Community Visitor

I think Api of Legend  just not open yet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report