Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API access to hidden elements in links

API access to hidden elements in links

In order for 3rd-party tools (such as Unhide Elements in View) to provide better alternatives to "Reveal Hidden Elements", we need to be able to see modifications to linked elements (not just host model elements).

Otherwise, it's very difficult to unhide something using the OOTB "Reveal Hidden Elements" tool, and Autodesk seems determined to do nothing about it (as evidenced by the many ideas to improve Reveal Hidden Elements). 

1 Comment
russjones1964
Explorer

I started using Revit about 4 months ago and it is a significant learning curve but multiple resources on the web made it fairly easy.  You can see the house plan on my website - www.alphaengineeringltd.com. These plans will soon be upgraded and reloaded including the mechanical design. This is where I ran into the problem of hidden elements. Switching between the various views and the model I turned off individual elements to see the routing of piping. I some found out it was next to impossible to turn them back on. One example was in the plumbing floor plan I turned off the countertop in the kitchen and sink. I did the same thing in a number of places routing the various mechanical.  Through research I can across Pangolin Tools. I am using 2022 and eagerly await Pangolin Tools release for Revit 2022. I am unable to finalize the drawings because I am unable to unhide a lot of the disappeared elements, which is disappointing as I am relying on my website for advertising to the various clients I am marketing to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report