Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow change of dictionary file location

Allow change of dictionary file location

I had this thread to change the location of the dictionary file. It doesn't seem to be possible. 

Please let us change the location of the dictionary file so we can have it on a (backed up) network drive. the way it is now (on local drive) the file will be gone if the local drive fails or gets replaced. Then your spell check starts over without knowing all the specialized words we use. 

1 Comment
Ric_Weber
Advocate

You can change the location of the dictionary file, but you have to do it in the revit.ini file directly.  If you look at the documentation of the revit.ini file Spelling category, you can see what section you need to add to your revit.ini file to make it work.

I am voting for this idea, but I really think you should change it to "Allow custom and default dictionary locations to be changed directly in the Options dialog window".    That hopefully will get more votes!

In the meantime, here is the link to the Autodesk document on how to modify or add the spelling section to your revit.ini section.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Revit-C...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report