Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow any element that can exist on sheet to be copied from other views

Allow any element that can exist on sheet to be copied from other views

There are several items that can exist both on sheets and in views and legends (including text, annotations and detail lines).  While these items can be copied FROM a sheet to a view, they can not be copied TO a sheet from a view.  When it is attempted the error "Elements copied to Sheets can only be copied from other Sheets." is generated.

This requires work to redraw/recreate/retype information already available when creating annotations or editing sheets.  The fact that views have scales and sheets do not shouldn't be an issue, since it is possible to copy items in one direction, the process just needs to be reversed.

Only trying to copy model elements (like a wall) from a view to a sheet should generate an error.

3 Comments
michaeljcobb
Advocate

This has my full sympathy.  Struggling with this myself.   It would be great to take work that I've done in a view and not have to recreate it in a sheet view.  This is especially true when I'm developing a way of working in a document and things drawn in a drafting view become formalized as an annotation family.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report