Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Global parameter of linked model

Access Global parameter of linked model

It would be great to be able to access a linked model's global parameters.  For instance, if I have create linked models for units (healthcare, apartments, condos, etc) It would be great to be able to manipulate those parameters on an instance basis in my building model.  This would be similar to tying together parameters from nested families for manipulation in the main building model.  

Examples: control visibility of elements, control wall heights for different floor to floor heights.

This would necessitate more global parameters as currently they do not apply to Unconnected Wall Heights.  

Thanks!

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be a great feature indeed.  In fact I find it very strange that global parameters are not visible as characteristics of the link.  Seems so obvious...

It would also be great as well if we could select options on an instance basis instead of as graphic overrides on a view by view basis.  For example, a particular unit in a development would have a certain optional layout, say kitchen layout 2 vs layout 1, so that instance of the link would have that option displayed in all views, while other instances would have the default layout 1 displayed in all views.

scbunker
Collaborator

We also need to be able to map linked-model global parameters to host-model global parameters.

PeteHeibel
Participant

These are all great ideas!

I currently have model group units but it would be great to have these function as parametric objects instead. Converting to families would be nice, yet they cannot contain system families. Model groups work fine, but you cannot include labeled constraints.

Therefore, treating linked .rvt models like nested .rfa families seems like the way to go. Not sure about the complexity of developing this feature, but perhaps this becomes an additional command (Nest Revit) located on the Insert tab.

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

ID of master linked model and .parameter name

AE.Master.Glaze.Top   (Set this value and use across multiple files for consistency)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report