Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to constrain Flip Control location in a Family

Ability to constrain Flip Control location in a Family

It would be invaluable to have the ability to attach a dimension to a Flip Control in the family editor so that we can control its location with parameters. When you have a Generic Annotation or Detail Item with a Flip Control the Flip Control can get lost behind elements when you change view scale. The only solution is to place the Flip Control very far away from the elements but that also makes the family appear a lot larger in a project environment.  In the images below I positioned the Flip Control so that its visible at 3/64"=1'-0" scale then I changed the scale to 1 1/2"=1'-0" and the Flip Control is now very far away from the elements.

dfoth_0-1707846244228.png

dfoth_1-1707846338840.png

1 Comment
Mike.FORM
Collaborator

This only happens with annotation families. Model families do not have this issue.

In my testing it seems the controls act as if they are maintaining their distance in the model instead of their distance on the sheet.

In model families it maintains modeled distance. Here is a detail item family at 1:10 scale and 1:500 scale.

MikeFORM_0-1707918884231.png

MikeFORM_1-1707918905477.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators