Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YES/NO and IF Formula in Area Schedule

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1483 Views, 10 Replies

YES/NO and IF Formula in Area Schedule

So I'm trying to generate a Zoning Floor Area column in my  Area  Schedule.  I have defined gross areas on every level of my building including the Cellar.    I created a project parameter for the gross area that is called "Included in FAR". For each Level, I have Provided a YES or a NO response to this created parameter.  So for example if the Level is the Cellar, The Included in FAR is listed as NO.  If the level is above grade, The Included in FAR is listed as YES.  I then created a Zoning Floor Area Column with a formula as follows if(Included in FAR = NO, 0 SF, Area).  Revit gives me an area that says that NO is not a valid schedule field.  I know that the input is case sensitive and my Included in FAR contains either NO or YES (all caps).  What exactly am I missing in the formula?  

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

if(not(Included in FAR), 0, Area).

Message 3 of 11
ToanDN

If (Included in FAR, Area, 0)
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Tried both suggestions and it says "The following is not a valid schedule field: Included in FAR"

Message 5 of 11
barthbradley

is " Included in FAR" the EXACT name of the YES/NO Parameter?  Check for spaces or some other variations you may have made in the name. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Oops, I remember I changed the Parameter to FAR. Still doesn't work
though, whether if (FAR, Area, 0) or if (not(FAR), Area, 0). Now it says
inconsistent units. Perhaps I should make FAR either a 0 or 1? 0 = No and
1 = Yes?

When I add the formula which I've called FAR Calculation
in the Calculated Value Dialogue Box:

I have checked, Formula
Discipline: Common
Type: (Yes/No) (although should this be something else like: area, text, or
number?)
Message 7 of 11
barthbradley

Is it an Area Parameter? 

What kind of Parameter is Area?  Make this Parameter the same kind. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

In order for the formula to work it must be of the same type, in the example you are wanting an AREA, there for your FAR needs to be area (you can use binary 0 for no and 1 for yes), then your formula will work .

Good luck.

Hope this helps

Message 9 of 11
barthbradley

If "Included in FAR" is a YES/NO Parameter and the Evaluation Parameter (e.g. the IF Statement Parameter) is an Area Parameter and "Area"  is an Area Parameter, then the Formula I posted in Message #2 will work.  

Evaluation Parameter (Area Type) formula =if(not(Included in FAR), 0, Area) returns "0" SF if "Included in FAR" is not checked and returns whatever the SF value of "Area" is if "Included in FAR" is checked.  

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Yes! That worked ! I set  0= No and 1 = Yes , and the formula was accepted. Tx!

Message 11 of 11
ToanDN

Oh I get it. So your "Included in FAR" is not a Yes/No, but a TEXT parameter, so that you can enter YES or NO. That did not work because TEXT parameters are not accepted too drive a formula.

The best way is create it as a true YES/NO parameter and use the checkbox instead of an INTEGER or a NUMBER parameter and manually enter 0 or 1 (what if someone enters 6?). Then, the formulas provided by BB and myself should work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators