Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Family Question

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
350 Views, 6 Replies

Window Family Question

Hello, 

I'm fairly new to revit. and have a got a test in revit .

I am facing problem with the window openings. How do i bring the window closer to the interior wall ? without flipping the openings ? 

i have tried editing the family , but it getting complicated and giving me errors.

The autocad screenshot is how i want it to look like.

16WASIM16_1-1623508107995.png

16WASIM16_0-1623508027284.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

It depends on the family...in some window families a parameter Inset is added so that you can give it an offset from the outside Finish layer ... See below (an example from an OOTB Revit Library window)

If the parameter is not there, you will need to edit the family, modify it or remodel it to have that instance parameter  Inset which u can adjust from the project 

wd.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

In the project, select the window > Edit Type > Change the value of the Window Inset property. This will change all the windows of this type. If you need different values of window inset then duplicate the type first, then change the window inset property.

Edit: (I did not mean to repeat the same answer posted above. It's just that I didn't see that answer when I started typing).

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Right infront of me 😅

Thanks you so much again dr.rd

Message 5 of 7
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

U're welcome? Anything else u need help with on that exame?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Actually yes,

is there a way to show that rounding on a section in revit ? 

Screenshot 2021-06-12 231816.png

Message 7 of 7
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

You certainly can. Several ways to model such elements...below is an example of a sweep with a nested detail component. 

Sweep with Detail component.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators