Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window and Door Mullion, Frames, and Jambs - Materials

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rkernPBQSM
1023 Views, 7 Replies

Window and Door Mullion, Frames, and Jambs - Materials

While attempting to work with various Revit Materials, I inadvertently changed all of the door jambs in the project to white.  The door and door trim is still wood (brown) but the jambs have been changed to white.

1. Looking at the door family, I don't see where the jamb is defined and therefor can't adjust the material for the door jamb back to wood.  See screen capture, red arrow.  What is the material I could be looking for so I can change it back to brown (wood)?
  2. With the windows, is there a way to have the jambs and head drywall (gypsum) and the sill wood?  So when the window is set into the wall, the wall gypsum "wraps" into the window and up to the sash?  See screen capture, green arrow and actual example photo.

Inked2021-03-10 10_43_25-Window_LI.jpg

30022b1.jpg

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
syman2000
in reply to: rkernPBQSM

Is the door using Revit out of the box door? Often the default Revit door don't have frame and you have to add it in.

As for window, you may have to modify the window family to get GWB to wrap. Upload the family.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 8
barthbradley

Sounds to me like you are in part asking asking Wall Wrapping.  You can drill down from here to learn more:  

About Layer Wrapping | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network

You may find this video helpful as well...

Revit Wall Wrap Closure - A How To Guide | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network

...I will point out also that we typically model Head, Sill and Jamb "Wraps" (e.g. Floor @ Head and Sills, Walls @ Jambs), primarily because Wall Wraps have no "BIM" Value.  The are essentially cosmetic only. They don't schedule and they are difficult to dimension properly.  FWIW.   

Message 4 of 8
rkernPBQSM

Attached are the door and window families.  Both are "default" Revit.  The Window I did already start to modify to remove the head and two jamb trims.  The door has NOT been modified.  

Message 5 of 8
barthbradley

What are you having issues with? Assigning Project Materials to Sash, Glass, Trim, Door and Frame Family Material Parameters?  Or to the exposed Wall at the Door Insert?  If the Door, try using the Paint Tool to apply a Material to those Wall exposed surfaces.   

Message 6 of 8
rkernPBQSM
in reply to: barthbradley

I should break this down, as there are multiple questions...

The doors, the jamb material has been changed from wood to white, and I would like to change it back...

• We would like to know how to change the Jamb material on a door.
  • in Revit, what is the Jamb of a door called, as it is not obvious to us when you go into the family type or family?

See the red arrow in the following image, how do I change this from white back to the default Revit wood material...

Inked2021-03-10 10_43_25-Window_LI.jpg

Message 7 of 8
barthbradley

I think what's going on here is that you are a bit confused about where the "color" is coming from.  Your screenshot is showing the View in a Realistic Visual Style.  Realistic Visual Style is displaying the Materials as per the the Materials' Appearance Tab settings. Change the View to Consistent Colors Visual Style and the Materials display as per their Graphics Tab settings.  Am I getting warm?  

Message 8 of 8
rkernPBQSM
in reply to: barthbradley

barthbradley,

Yes, that is all correct.   I think the issue is (the part I did not understand) the built in Revit doors don't have a jamb.  The door takes on the opening of the wall (it appears), instead of having a jamb.  Here is a breakdown with just some simple material changes and paint to illustrate...

Screenshot 2021-03-10 201833.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators