Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct way of modelling a Santos Dumont/Short Stair?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dnvrd
434 Views, 4 Replies

What is the correct way of modelling a Santos Dumont/Short Stair?

Hello,

I want to implement a short stair in my project, but in a way I can have it in elevations and plan views with correct anotations and properties, just like any other stair (with the possibilites of it showing the upstairs symbol and riser numbers), as you can see in the project below by SABO Project. Is there anyway of doing this using the stair commands, or should I use model in place components and place anotation by hand?

Thanks a lot!

dnvrd_0-1624905553685.png

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: dnvrd

While it can be done using assembled stair tool I would just model it in place.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
dnvrd
in reply to: ToanDN

Is it possible to model in place and still have the correct annotation? Or I should just insert it manually then?

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: dnvrd

@dnvrd 

You can use the stair tool; however, bear in mind the following

1. the Stair tool does have its limitations and shortcomings too
  2. You will need to model all the rest which in installed under that stair anyway (desk, shelving ...etc)

Instead of placing 3 stairs lining them up and getting them to match the over all design/assembly, I think it is easier if you Model it in a Family all together with the desk and shelving ....etc nest in or use detail/symbolic lines for the labeling (arrow/numbers/cut line and hidden lines) and it will be faster and would look much better 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
dnvrd
in reply to: ToanDN

It was solved this way. Had to model a stair in place. But the annotation symbols were made by hand.

Would be cool if Autodesk would add this feature as a new type of Staircase we can model and have the right calculations and symbols built in.

Hope this can help other users.

X

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators