Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall sweeps keeps showing up in ceiling plans

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
JKspace424
1174 Views, 12 Replies

Wall sweeps keeps showing up in ceiling plans

I've hidden the wall sweeps in the visibility graphics selection box but they dont seem to get hidden.  What could be the problem?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: JKspace424

You are talking Wall SWEEPS - not REVEALS; right? 

See if you can turn them off via Override Graphics in View (in right-click drop-down).   Also, I'm wondering if they might be additionally controlled by a Filter.  

Message 3 of 13
JKspace424
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, I am talking about wall sweep not reveals.  

I already clicked on Visibility / Graphic override and unchecked to the walls sweeps under walls.  However, I still see the wall sweeps.

Message 4 of 13
barthbradley

In the view in which the Subcategory "Wall Sweeps - Cornices" is unchecked, and the Wall Sweeps are still visible...

Select one Wall Sweep, right-click mouse and select "Overrride Graphics in View"=>"By Category". 

What happens?  Do all the Wall Sweeps disappear from the View?  If they do, then they are not Wall Sweeps (e.g. created using the Wall Sweeps tool).  If they don't all disappear, then...

...thinking...

Loading. One moment please.

Loading_icon.gif

Message 5 of 13
JKspace424

When I select a wallsweep and right-click to "Override Graphics in View" the "By Category" is greyed out so I cant select it.  What I can select is "By Element" and hide it that way.  But it means I have to select each wallsweep individually. 

Could there be some sort of glitch in Revit 19 for this function to not function at all?  Or, could it be because the file was upgraded from Revit 18?

Message 6 of 13
barthbradley

Under Type Properties for the Wall Sweep, what does the "Subcategory of Walls" parameter read?  

Message 7 of 13
ToanDN

Are the sweeps built into the Wall Type?  If so, they cannot be turned off via VG.

Message 8 of 13
JKspace424

The wall sweeps are not built into the wall type.   Interestingly when I opened the Type Properties, the "Subcategory of Walls" is <none>.  I changed it to Wall sweeps and it seemed to work.  

Message 9 of 13
barthbradley

<none>???  Well, there you have it. Should be "Wall Sweeps".  Working now, right? 

Message 10 of 13
JKspace424

Working now.  yes!  

Thank you!

Message 11 of 13
htews

@barthbradley @ToanDN 

all my wall sweeps are set to 'Wall Sweeps - Cornice'.  my problem (floor plan) that my horizontal sweeps get turned off when the category is turned off but my vertical sweeps are still showing up.  also noticed that my horizontal weeps are level based while my verticals do not.

Message 12 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: htews

Are the vertical sweeps built into the wall assembly?  

Message 13 of 13
htews

no.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report