Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Profile issue.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
263 Views, 2 Replies

Wall Profile issue.

When attempting to change the profile of a wall with the Modify|Walls tool I get an error messages, one saying that the lines cannot intersect.  This only happens when trying to change the boundry of the existing wall, lets say miter the top corners.  I can add any cut out shape to the wall using Modify|Walls long as the shape does not touch the existing parimeter.  I know this is a baic wall profile edit but for some reason  I am missing something.  Any thoughs are greatly apprecitated.

Screen grab of what I am talking about, can edit any shapes inside the parimeter but as soon as I attempt to edit the shape of the wall I get the error. 

Wall profile problems.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Your screenhsot is not very clear. However I think what i happening is what I have on the left side (gives error).

However to make it work (miter) it should be as on the right side of my screenshot, so remove/shorten the lines making the corner until the miter point

Profile.png.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Thank you Enllnt!! That is the solution to my problem. Thanks for taking the time to answer my noob question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators