Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALL HANDLES IN DETAILS

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
412 Views, 4 Replies

WALL HANDLES IN DETAILS

Anybody know how to override the outerboundry associations such that i can get the leftmost "siding" part of this wall assembly to move independent of it's linked brother the 2x6 stud wall? 

Yes i did the whole modify and clicked on the padlock for the parts of the assembly i want to be able to drag up/down. But the (2) to the left of the 2x6 stud wall doesn't want to act independently (of the STUDwall)  even tho they clearly have two unique handles? 

aka : When i move the far left component <siding> up to match the soffit . . . well then the 2x6 stud wall moves with it. But you can clearly see the component <rigid insulation> to the right of this problem child will move independent of the 2x6 stud wall. 

What am i missing here? Or is it one of those many revit quirks? 

Mahalo

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have all the layers unlocked?  That's not going to work.  

Also, unlocked layers must be adjacent to each other.  

...another approach you could use is separate Wall Types for Layers.

...or Parts

...or unlock and reposition just the Core

...or beer.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

well beer :beer_mug: is a nice thought - I know about the adjacencies but I have a handle on the siding but it illogically is linked to the stud wall - the rigid insulation works properly why is this? 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Revit needs to fix this
Message 5 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

You'll get no arguments from me. 

...just being able to pick those layer padlocks on the first try would make me happy.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report