Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of 2D linework in a Revit family

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcowleyWKOB
1245 Views, 4 Replies

Visibility of 2D linework in a Revit family

I'm trying to create a floor access door family, and the family needs 2D linework to show the door swing.  This family is unique in that it will frequently be hosted to a floor that is sloped.  This means that I cannot use symbolic lines to show the door swing.  The attached images show what happens with symbolic linework on a horizontal floor versus a sloped floor when viewed from a plan view.  I also cannot get model lines to work because they show up in EVERY view, regardless of how I try to toggle visibility; I've tried using visibility/graphics overrides in the family and in using a nested family, and I've also tried using a detail component. 

Is there a way to show 2D linework in a plan view that is always visible in plan view, but not in elevations or 3D views?  This same concept applies to elevations and plan views because the door swing linework shows up in plan and elevation views and not in 3D views.

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: mcowleyWKOB

Use model lines and keep them in a subcategory that you can turn off in views you don't need to see the lines.

Message 3 of 5
mcowleyWKOB

@ToanDN I agree that this is a solution.  I'm should have also mentioned that I would like to do this without subcategories.  Is this possible?

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

You could create a family that is always horizontal (meaning ticking the box Always vertical in the family property, ironically), or a Level based family in lieu of face based/work plane based), and use parameters to tilt the geometry in the family when placed to match the slope in project.
Message 5 of 5
Martijn.Pater

@mcowleyWKOB wrote:
...should have also mentioned that I would like to do this without subcategories.

Why (not)? I'd say that's the way to go anyway... or otherwise you could always use Linework (LW) I suppose... or vice versa manually draw the detail lines in plan view where you need them...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators