Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void need to be attached to above floor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
shuaib009
278 Views, 5 Replies

Void need to be attached to above floor

I have a case where I want the void family to get attached with above floor (or the top edge) in wall.

I have done a void family (in Wall based generic model). However it doesn't stick straightaway to above floor. The insertion is free & get inserted wherever we click now. I want void to come at the top edge of the wall, when I click for inserting in first click. Also void should continue start to end of the wall.

shuaib009_0-1624469568470.png

shuaib009_1-1624469898843.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: shuaib009

You have to move the void vertically to align with the top of the wall.  Another way is using Reveal, that way it will cut the entire length of the wall and may be able to snap to the top.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
shuaib009

Cant I avoid this (vertical aligning) workflow using any option in family? I will check the reveal option.

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

@shuaib009 wrote:

Cant I avoid this (vertical aligning) workflow using any option in family? I will check the reveal option.

There maybe a generic model line based family that you can pick a line (edge of top of wall) to place then lock it.  But you will have to manually cut geometry after placing because it is not a host based family.  Do you have curved walls in your project?  If so, these families don't work, but Wall Reveal does.

Also, if that notch is to receive a floor, then you can simply create the floor overlapping the wall, join geometry (select the floor 1st then the wall), and the floor will cut the wall to create the notch.  No need for any void family.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
RDAOU

@shuaib009 

Why don't you use Revit's Precast extension!

Precast.gif 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 6
Martijn.Pater

...how about adjusting the floor boundary to not cover the wall entirely, set height to top of floor if not already and then join the wall/floor? Wouldn't that give you the same result?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report