Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Vertically Curved Wall Type for Mansard

2 条回复2
回复
1 条消息(共 3 条)
kyle_grymes2
443 次查看, 2 条回复

Vertically Curved Wall Type for Mansard

I am trying to model a home in the Second Empire style that will have a curved Mansard 'roof' - but I would prefer to model it as a wall type - since the building is going to be of ICF walls with rainscreen exterior all the way up to the flat portion of the roof - thus there will be no framing - as it will be curved concrete walls at the mansard face.  

The only way I have seen that may work is creating a mass family shaped like the volume of the 'roof' level (third floor in this case) and applying walls to the face of that imported family.  I'm not sure if this will create issues as I add details such as inserting dormers - which I also would like to be of the same ICF wall type wrapped.  Is there any other approach to creating vertically curved wall profiles that would be more fool-proof?  Thanks!

2 条回复2
2 条消息(共 3 条)

When you say "curved", do you mean curved like this?

Curved Mansard 1.png

If so, your mass approach is the way to go.   Regarding potential issues with Dormers, I can't foresee anything that would be a show stopper.  Just go for  it.  That would be my approach.     

3 条消息(共 3 条)

@kyle_grymes2 

Massing and applying element by face is what I would work with...You "COULD!" use Wall by Face but I'm not sure why you are giving preference to compound wall over compound roof element.

Using walls will cut off your access to some useful tools and options which could make your life easy...such as the Rafter Cut and the Join/Unjoin Roof and Dormer Opening. You could work with voids instead cut openings and to clean up the dormer on the interior side, but I personally find the Join/Unjoin and D.Op better on dormers.

Moreover, walls aren't as flexible on curved surfaces as roof elements are, so using walls might depend on the curvature you have in mind.

Dormer.gif 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

找不到想要的内容?向社区提问或分享您的知识。

到论坛发帖  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report