Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The windows into the wall, not aligned to the wall wire

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
f.annoscia1XRNMD
1188 Views, 9 Replies

The windows into the wall, not aligned to the wall wire

Hello! I would like the window created in Revit to be inserted into the depth of the wall, as in the second drawing I made in Autocad. How can this be done? I guess you have to change the window in the family?

RevitRevitAutocadAutocad

I also have difficulty changing the height and depth of the window itself. It opens the window in the family, but the result is this.

Immagine 2021-07-27 212723.jpg

I don't know what's wrong...
Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Does the Window have an "Inset" Parameter? 

...regarding height, look on under the Window's Instance Properties and change the "Sill Height" or "Head Height" value.  

Message 3 of 10

try adjusting the offset from host dimension in constraints on the properties palette

or Window Inset parameter depending on how the family was created

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 4 of 10

@kadmonkee @barthbradley where can I create an "inset parameter"? I have never done this procedure. Thank you.

Immagine 2021-07-29 182520.jpg

Message 5 of 10

Post your family.  

...you can also open up one of the OOTB Window Families that has an "Inset" Parameter  and see how it is done.  

Message 6 of 10

BTW: I notice in your Screenshot that your Window Family is a Generic Model Family. Is it hosted to a Vertical Surface?  If so, does "Offset da Host" move the Window inward or outward from the host in Plan View?  

Message 7 of 10

see attached window family  Revit 2019

it will be good practice to see how some people (companies) use window families, same applies for doors too.

check the properties in the family and break down how you want them to work for you

some are instance parameters 

some are type parameters

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 8 of 10

Here the family:

finestra due ante fra 

Message 9 of 10

This family need a lot of other work, but with regards to an Inset Parameter; see the attached revision to see how it's done.

Inset1.pngInset2.pngInset3.png

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance, just call back.  😉

TIP: It would make it a whole lot easier if you make all the geometry in the nested family Visible in all Views (e.g. edit the nested Family and check all the boxes in geometries Visibility Settings and then reload the Family into the Host Family).  

Message 10 of 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators