Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text in dimension line

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cees
1862 Views, 7 Replies

text in dimension line

I would like to have a dimension with arrows, without a dimension line and the dimension text centered in line. There is not a in line, above or below option anymore nor a option to switch off visibility of the dimension line.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
loboarch
in reply to: cees

You can get this look by manually manipulating the dimension text and dragging it into the dimension line. The problem is you have to manually move each dimension text to get it into position.

2017-03-08_1056.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

It maybe easier to be done with a line based detail family.

Message 4 of 8
Matt__W

@cees, if you'd like this to be more automatic, for example, a setting in the styles dialog, then I would suggest you post it to the Revit Ideas forum. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely the dev team will look at it for consideration in an upcoming release.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Ideas-Page

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 5 of 8
gaban35

I can't beleive I had to spend so much time looking for this answer without succes. It should be something so easy to do... for the price we pay, is like Revit developers have no idea what they're doing. 

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: gaban35

There is a Dynamo script to do it. You may want to google it.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I can't find the Dynamo Script that wraps the text below or above or on the side. Can you please provide the link.

Message 8 of 8
Matt__W
in reply to: Anonymous

Have a look at this forum post by @j0hnp 
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/dimension-text-in-line-with-dimension/m-p/80...

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report